Wellsolve L/S, Purina 50 lb
Wellsolve L/S, Purina
Low starch and sugar diet for horses with special needs. WellSolve L/SÂ® horse feed offers a simpler, more streamlined dietary option for veterinarians and horse owners who are caring for special needs horses that may benefit from a low starch and sugar diet.
Feed Form: All Pellets
Recommended For: Horses with special needs
Low in starch and sugarâno grains or molasses
* While special needs horses require at least some soluble carbohydrates (starches and sugar) for brain function and hoof health, too much can cause glucose and insulin levels to spike. We guarantee the level of soluble carbohydrates in WellSolve L/SÂ® to be less than 11 percent.
Digestible/fermentable fibers as an alternative energy source
* Although many reputable commercial feeds rely on sugars and starches as the primary energy source, the level of calories in these feeds is unnecessary and the calorie sources may not be a safe option for many special needs horses. Thatâs why WellSolve L/SÂ® horse feed utilizes a blend of fibers from various feedstuffs such as beet pulp, ground soy hulls and alfalfa meal.
Omega 3 and Omega 6 Fatty Acids
* Fats are a dense source of calories. The soybean oil and ground flaxseed in WellSolve L/SÂ® are ideal for replacing calories that would otherwise be lacking in a low starch and sugar diet.
Quality Protein and Essential Amino Acids
* WellSolve L/SÂ® has an ideal amino acid profile for the special needs horse, including lysine, threonine and methionine. All are essential amino acids and aid in tissue repair.
Antioxidants and a Healthy Immune SystemâVitamins E, C and Selenium
* These powerful antioxidants destroy âfree radicalsâ that can wreak havoc on healthy cells. We have added a natural source of vitamin E for the special needs horse, as well as a blend of natural tocopherols to help preserve the supplemented antioxidants and the overall shelf life of the product.
Vitamins and Minerals proportioned for the special needs horse
* Special needs horses can easily become deficient in key vitamins due to grazing restrictions or because of eating large amounts of stored hay. WellSolve L/SÂ® compensates for these deficiencies with the proper combination of vitamins and minerals, including added vitamins A and D, as well as a natural source of vitamin E. Weâve also added minerals like copper and zinc, which are involved in chemical reactions related to connective tissue synthesis and maintenance in tissues such as tendons and cartilage.
Added Biotin, no need for additional supplementation
* At present, there is no established biotin requirement for horses. However, there is research with horses that have issues in regard to hoof quality and growth that suggests additional biotin could support hoof re-growth in some horses. For this reason, we have added biotin to WellSolve L/SÂ® at a level of 3.6 mg/lb. Consequently, there is no need for any additional supplementation by the horse owner.
Palatability, without grains or molasses
* In the end, it doesnât matter how good a feed is if a horse wonât eat it. For this reason, WellSolve L/SÂ® is formulated with an extra hint of natural flavors to be highly palatable for horses with special needs.
Feed with Hay or Pasture
* WellSolve L/SÂ® Horse Feed is designed to be fed with hay and/or pasture.
Feed GuardÂ® Nutrition System
* The FeedGuardÂ® Nutrition System is one of the industryâs most innovative and exacting quality assurance programs. FeedGuardÂ® Nutrition System can help deliver the trust, quality and performance that horse professionals demand every day.