Equi-bits, Safeguard 1.25 lb
- Feed and deworm in a single step with palatable alfalfa-based pellets1
- Controls large strongyles, small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids
- Safe for foals and pregnant mares
- Perfect for weanlings or yearlings on feed or hard-to-paste or hard-to-catch horses
- 5.0 grams per kilogram fenbendazole (2.27 grams per pound)
- The antiparasitic action of Safe-Guard Equi-bits is due to the inhibition of energy metabolism in the parasite
For ascarids the recommended dose is 10 mg fenbendazole per kg body weight (4.54 mg fenbendazole per pound) in a ONE (1) DAY treatment.
All horses must be eating normally to ensure that each animal consumes an adequate amount of the medicated feed. Safe-Guard Equi-Bits Top Dress Pellets must be spread uniformly on top of the daily ration.
EXAMPLES OF FEEDING RATES:
5 mg fenbendazole per kg body weight (2.27 mg per pound)
- For a ONE (1) DAY treatment, add Safe-Guard Equi-Bits Top Dress Pellets to the daily ration at the rate of 1.0 pound for each 1,000 pounds body weight. A 1.25-lb container will treat 1250 lb body weight.
- For a ONE (1) DAY treatment, add Safe-Guard Equi-Bits Top Dress Pellets to the daily ration at the rate of 1.0 pound for each 500 pounds body weight. A 1.25-lb container will treat 625 lb body weight.